Walloon Writers Review invites writers and photographers to submit their original creative writing and photography about and inspired by Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula once a year, usually beginning in August. Please check back again next summer!
Sample Guidelines for submissions are as follows:
- All submissions must be your original work. You retain the rights to your own work, verifying by submitting it to us that you are the only one with rights to your work and you are giving Walloon Writers Review permission to publish it in our upcoming edition.
- We accept original short stories, poetry and other creative writing forms as well as photography. The theme is exclusively materials written and photography about and inspired by Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula. We invite Michigan writers and photographers as well as those with ties to the region or those who have traveled here/vacationed and or visited here.
- All materials must be suitable for a general audience.
- Writing submissions must not exceed 4,000 words.
- If your submission is included, you will receive a courtesy copy.
Content tips: This is about a specific region – Northern Michigan and the Upper Peninsula….a unique, magical, beautiful, mystical, snowy, sunny, fantastic area that draws many of us back time and time again. For some of us, it’s home. Please ensure that your piece reflects an element of the uniqueness of the region and does not contain any political positioning, adult content, or graphic material. We reach a broad audience.
Thank you so much for your interest and thank you to all of the independent bookstores and libraries that carry Walloon Writers Review. We are honored.